Foodservice Carbon Professional - FCP
This page includes information on
- Background to Foodservice Professional Carbon Professional
- FCP Core Module course structure
- Course delivery
- Accessing Foodservice Carbon Professional
- Course cost
Background Foodservice Carbon Professional (FCP)
Foodservice Carbon Professional is leading the foodservice equipment industry in the development of skills, knowledge, and expertise to address the energy challenges and sustainability demands currently placing a strain on the sector.
Through the learning and development of the FCP Core Module and Product Specific Modules; employees in the supply chain (manufacturers, importers, distributors, consultants and operators) will be empowered with the confidence and knowledge to assess and address key issues in a professional capacity and adopt key behavioural changes.
Foodservice Carbon Professional provides delegates with science-based knowledge enabling them to initiate discussions on climate change with foodservice sector clients and colleagues as well as gaining the confidence required to be able to challenge misconceptions on the impacts and causes of climate change in relation to the foodservice sector.
Accredited delegates will be able to confidently and coherently discuss carbon reduction in context of the foodservice equipment sector aligning their knowledge to their own product portfolio and business activities.
By partnering with recognised professionals, the FEA has brought its strength to delivering a unique and comprehensive resource for the industry.
Benefits to the employer
Empowers employees with the ability to align theory with real life situations and how understanding of carbon and sustainability can improve business credibility.
Benefits to the employee
Delegates will be enabled to discuss carbon reduction in context of the foodservice equipment sector and relate it to the types of equipment in their sales portfolio.
Benefits to the environment
Knowledge acquired of the overarching implications of climate change for the foodservice supply chain will have a positive effect far beyond that of just the sector.
Foodservice Carbon Professional Course Structure
FCP delegates are required to take the Core Module before taking an elective category specific module. The category specific modules, Cooking Equipment, Refrigeration, and Warewashing will be live from February 2024. FCP is open to anyone who wishes to become accredited.
Core Module Content
Section 1 – Climate and Carbon: Global Big Picture
- Climate and environmental challenges
- What are greenhouse gasses
- What is carbon and its relationship to energy supply?
- Impacts and implications from not acting on carbon and climate
Section 2 – Measurement, Reporting and Legislation
- Carbon measurement
- Net zero carbon and carbon neutrality
- Guidance for carbon reporting
- Legislative framework
- Waste and FOG
Section 3 – Carbon Reduction in the Food Service Sector
- Carbon reduction context within the sector
- Equipment categories and their carbon emissions
- Associated energy reduction strategies
- Understanding asset value
- Supply chain integrity and energy reduction projects
- Life cycle assessment
Section 4 – Practical Application
- Student participation to discuss open-ended topics relating to any real-life, practical issues and challenges for their business / teams.
- Compare theory to real life situations and how understanding of carbon and sustainability can improve business credibility
How is the course delivered?
Foodservice Carbon Professional is a blended learning programme delivered through the FEA Academy, FEA’s learning management system.
The Foodservice Carbon Professional features a mix of presentations, recorded audio, virtual tutorials, reading materials and multiple choice and short answer questions, and working group discussions.
Important, please read: FCP is a self study accreditation. Learners are required to complete the course within 12-months. If the course is not completed in the twelve-month timeframe delegates will be required to re-subscribe at full cost in order to gain an FCP accreditation.
Accessing Foodservice Carbon Professional
Registered users can access Foodservice Carbon Professional via the FEA Academy login portal.
- Select which modules you wish to subscribe via the course payment form.
- Once payment has been received head to FEA Academy landing page and click the 'Create new account' link in the bottom righthand corner of the page.
- Once you have registered you will receive an email acknowledging your registration.
- You will then receive a second email informing you that your account is active.
Who to contact
If you have any issues with the registration process or logging in please contact Peter Jarrett at email@example.com
Sign-up promotion for FEA members
- Individual Core Module cost – £750
- Individual sector specific module cost - £650
- Core module & category specific sign-up promotion £1300
– saving £100 pp.
Sign-ups from non-category specific companies can benefit from the saving when booking two Core Modules.
📝 Sign up for Foodservice Carbon Professional
📝 Login to FEA Academy