An extremely difficult year for the Hospitality industry highlighted the importance of having a unified voice
The 2020 / 2021 subscription year was one of the busiest we have witnessed as a Trade Association. The numerous lockdowns, the Government backtracking, the inconsistent rules, the constant back and forth; it all made for an extremely testing time for anyone associated with the Hospitality industry. Whilst adapting to the constant changes and challenges the FEA remained committed to giving the Hospitality a powerful voice, strengthening the foundations of the membership community, and exerting influence on technical and policy matters with key Government decision makers.
Below, we have listed the new and existing initiatives that the FEA have delivered during the 2020 / 2021 subscription period. The existing initiatives we have enhanced and made stronger, whilst the new initiatives represent the embodiment of our continual improvement strategy whilst aligning to our three key strands of Information, Involvement and Influence.
Join the UK's largest independent foodservice equipment trade association
- Letters to Government (UKCA marking letter, Extension of Furlough Scheme letter, Targeted Immediate Sector Support letter)
- European Federation of Catering Equipment Manufacturers (EFCEM) membership: FEA are active members of EFCEM, representing the United Kingdom at a European level, ensuring that UK Catering Equipment Manufacturers have an influential voice in policy and legislative decisions.
- EURIS engagement: The EURIS Taskforce is an advisory body for the potential impacts of the changing relationship between the UK and EU for the UK Government, manufacturers and the media.
- Increased social media touchpoints (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Beacons).
- Foodservice Top 100 Social Media Influencers: To celebrate the resilience of our sector and those who have kept it going through COVID, we are delighted to have launched the Foodservice Top 100 Social Media Influencers 2021 campaign. The inaugural Foodservice Top 100 Social Media Influencers is an opportunity to recognise those who continue to campaign, inspire, innovate and educate our sector.
- Strategic alliances with other leading organisations including UKH, MakeUK, CBI,
- Collaboration with industry trade associations and bodies e.g. ceda, FCSI, WRAS etc
- Extensive PR on members’ key issues in the business press, 35+ news stories a year (Critical Worker Status letter)
Market Strategy Support
- FEA Industry Insight and market watch management reports: Our powerful market modelling platform provides up-to-date insight on the installed equipment market and has been designed to enhance sales strategy and market targeting.
- Standalone market segments, Cooking and Warming, Refrigeration, Ventilation, or Warewashing can be purchased for £875 per annual subscription plus a required £150 admin access fee.
- FEASTATS: FEASTATS measures market trends by analysing forward order statistics giving subscribers foresight to anticipate market trends. Annual subscription costs £160 +VAT.
- Brexit Hub - a centralised resource for the latest Brexit information
- Coronavirus Hub - a centralised resource for the latest Coronavirus information
- FEA Outlook: a quarterly survey that is circulated to FEA members. The survey seeks to understand how FEA members sit within the current economic climate and forecasts market performance for the next six, twelve, and eighteen months. The results provide a level of understanding that enhances our market strategy and allows us to pre-empt the areas in which members may need further support. FEA Outlook also receives considerable trade press coverage.
- HRC Connects: in conjunction with the HRC Exhibition held at London's ExCel centre, the online hub provides a platform that further extends the FEA's reach to end-user Operators.
- Recommissioning Guide and Hub with Service Surgeries Videos for engineer training
- Sector and category specific webinars: whilst we are all somewhat Zoomed-out, it has been imperative for the FEA to maintain regular communication to members and the wider industry to provide much needed support and advice.
- Survey reports on business effects in 2020/21.
- Accredited Service Provider Programme: FEA member companies that provide Service and Maintenance for commercial kitchen equipment can apply to become an FEA Accredited Service Provider. Displaying an FEA Accredited Service Provider badge means that you, as a company, have met a particular set of criteria and therefor the customer can rest assured that they will receive a level of service they can trust. You can view all FEA Accredited Service Providers here, successful Accredited Service Provider applications are subject to meeting FEA criteria. £300 +VAT.
- Commercial Kitchen Design Guide: currently a work-in-progress, the Design Guide is being produced to provide commercial kitchen designers with a reference point so that all kitchens are designed with key design features accounted for.
- Climate Action for Associations (CAFA): CAFA provides tailored guidance and information to help associations across the globe
implement climate action to help them on their way to achieving net zero. The FEA are proud to be part of the CAFA Collective.
- COP26, 12th November 2021. The COP26 summit will bring parties together to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- FFOG Waste Hierarchy, realignment programme.
- Net Zero Carbon Five Point Plan
- Net Zero Carbon Group: It is vital that the momentum of pre-existing EU directives, UK legislation and other carbon- based incentive schemes is not only maintained but developed. This pre-existing legislation includes eco-design and energy labelling measures for refrigeration only. There is a significant gap in covering the remaining 72% of energy use in a commercial kitchen. We need Government to put the regulation and policy in place to cover all equipment used in commercial kitchens.
- Updated Code of Practice: The code covers the range of support concerning the manufacture supply, installation and after sales service that buyers can expect from FEA members.
- FEA Conference: This year the FEA Conference will be taking place on the 15th and 16th September at Chesford Grange hotel. FEA members benefit from discounted delegate rates. We also have a selection of exciting sponsorship opportunities for anyone wishing to push their brand to industry decision makers. Secure your place today.
- Light Equipment and Tableware Forum: This is a day and a half, meet the buyer event, which gives suppliers a chance to showcase their newest innovations through group demonstrations and training sessions. It also provides a opportunity to meet your current distributors contacts and find new connections in person all in one place. Make sure you follow our Socials to stay up-to-date with the latest LET announcements.
Learning and Development
- CFSP (Certified Food Service Professional): Is an industry specific professional qualification for the UK foodservice industry. £600 +VAT. https://www.cfsp.org.uk/
- CFSP Open to Work - 21 delegates from across the industry took part from disciplines that included designers, operators, manufacturers and salespeople. The spectrum of skill sets proved the valuable nature of what CFSP can offer those involved with the industry.
After what has been a tough year for so many people within the hospitality sector it's important for FEA to provide a support platform for people to professionalise and up-skill where we can.
- PFS (Principles of Foodservice): Is a nine-module induction short-course for foodservice industry new starters that can be delivered in under five hours. PFS provides delegates with a level of knowledge that supports career progression from the very beginning. £135 +VAT.
- Sales Development Programme: A newly introduced training programme that considers the sales strategies and channels required to maintain business excellence. The programme itself is regularly fine-tuned to align to the latest socio-economic developments. £995 +VAT.
- Enhance your brand reach and searchability with our SEO Booster packages. You can strengthen your FEA member profile by hosting up to six videos and sponsoring an FEA Glossary entry. Individual profile video additions are available for £250, or £600 for three videos and an FEA Glossary entry, saving £150. Individual FEA Glossary entries are available for £150.
- *Please note that the FEA Glossary free trial period has now come to an end and members with existing terms have been removed. Glossary terms are offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Trees for Cities: The FEA and Trees for Cities have collaborated to provide FEA members with the platform to offset the carbon produced from their business activities and help the UK achieve its 2050 net carbon zero target. FEA members can sign-up to the scheme for £300 (+VAT) which in turn plants 30 trees and offsets ten tonnes of CO2 over a 100-year life cycle of a tree.
- Earth Day event - We'd like to thank everyone that joined us for our Earth Day seminar in March 2021. We were able to highlight the need for positive change and discussed what the FEA are doing to support the UK Government's Net Zero Carbon 2050 target.
- Team FEA are undertaking a 101 mile route for the To Hell and Back Challenge, supporting Hospitality Action. The purpose of the challenge is to raise money and awareness for those in the Hospitality sector who need the support the most.
- Continued support for Springboard and The Clink via donations and support for events and activities.
Join the FEA
Not an FEA member? Fill in our enquiry form to register your interest and we'll be in touch about the benefits and advantages of joining the FEA.